Thursday, December 17, 2009

CHEESECAKE

I never like or would not eat any diary products like butter or cheese because I can't bear the smell and taste of it. However, one day I was convinced to taste the first time baked cheesecake of a friend, reluctantly I tasted a small piece of it. Oh! Surprisingly I can take it and like the taste at the first bite. I manage to finish the whole cup cake. The cup cake does not have the usual heavy milky taste and smell. I was so excited and got the recipe to try  to bake the cake myself.

I modified the recipe . I make use of Oki high fibre crackers instead of Oleo chocolate cookies and I make use of only half of the ingredients.

The ingredients are
425 g cream cheese, Philadelphia
100 g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
pinch of salt
20 pieces of Oki high fibre crackers, 8 pieces coarsely chopped



















Preheat the oven to 150 degrees, line the whole crackers on a round  22cm baking tin.
Beat cream cheese till smooth, gradually add in sugar, beat till well mix, add in vanilla essence.
Add in eggs one at a time, beat in sour cream, salt and finally stir in chopped crackers.
Pour in the well mix batter into the lined cake tin, bake for 40 minutes or till its done. Transfer the cake to wire rack to cool.  Refrigerate it at least for four hours before serving.




















My first cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment