Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Banana cake

What to do with the over ripe banana cake?  I bought a big bunch of banana from Pasar Tani because it was very fresh and beautiful last Saturday.  We could not finish it and moreover banana can not keep in the freeze as it will turn black. So, I have to turn the banana to kuih, pancake or cake.  Finally decided to bake a banana cake.

I get my old recipe book and found a very old banana cake recipe which was given to me when I bought my first Sharp microwave oven in 1988.  It was imported from Japan and it was real hardy and I really make full use of it until it was so tired and broke down in 2009. I sent for repair but most of the mechanics can not find the suitable parts of it.  I have to give it up but to get a new one.

Here are the ingredients needed

1 cup mashed banana                                           
170g butter
170g sugar                                                                 
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
5 eggs (separated)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup fresh milk
100g chopped walnuts(optional)



Peel and mashed the banana and leave aside.  Sift all the dry ingredients together.  Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Whisk the egg whites till stiff.  Set aside.  In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg yolks and vanilla, continue to mix.  Fold in mashed banana and blend well.  Add in sifted flour and fresh milk alternately.  Start with the flour and end with the flour.   Lastly fold in whisked egg whites and blend well.  Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.



Over ripe bananas has been baked into delicious banana cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment