Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Stew Wild Boar Ribs

This morning saw a group of women surrounded a man and can see them rushing for something. Out of curiosity I joined the group.  The men was selling wild boar meat and teaching them how to cook the meat.  Wow, quite interesting.  I never cook wild boar before and I think can give it a try.  After consulting him, he recommended me to try to stew the ribs.  I follow his instructions and buy all the necessary ingredients from the market.
the ingredients are
600 g wild boar ribs
6        shallots
6        garlics
6        chili padi
1 medium tomato (cut into 4)
2 cm PC of galangal
1 tbs bean paste
1 tsp black soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
dash of pepper
2 tbs cooking oil
Wash the bite size pieces of pork ribs, drain.  Season the cleaned ribs with the salt and pepper for about 1/2 hour.  Meanwhile pound or blend the shallots, garlic, chili and galangal. I prefer to use traditional way by pounding so that it will not be too watery.
I cook with my Lagostina pressure cooker because it takes only 15 minutes to cook the ribs.  It will take about 30 to 40 minutes when cook with normal utensils.  First I heat up the cooking oil and fry the pounded ingredients and the bean paste until fragrant. Then add in the remaining ingredients, give a good stir then cover up.  I got to turn the fire to low once the pressure cooker signal me that it is boiling. I took up the cooker to shake in between the cooking time a few times so that the meat will not stick at the bottom of the cooker.
After 15 minutes, the stew pork is ready to be served.


I like  the sauce very much because of the addition of galangal, it has a special fragrant taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment