Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Almond Cookies

I like to eat almond nuts and almond cookies too.  Every Chinese New Year I would buy these cookies from friends, but this year I wanted to bake these cookies myself.  As usual I searched for the recipe from the webs and friends, finally I settled with recipe from my niece.
The ingredients are
100 grams ground almond
350 grams flour
30 grams corn flour
200 grams corn oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sodium bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk (beaten with a little salt)
You can buy ready ground almond from cake shop but I bought raw almonds, washed and toasted, pound into suitable coarseness.





















Mix well all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, pour in the corn oil bit by bit, mix until it form a soft dough.  Place the dough into the refrigerator for about an hour.




















Remove the dough from the freeze and use roller pin to roll the dough into about one cm thick, use cookies cutter to cut into shapes.
Place shaped cookies on baking tray, egg wash them and bake in pre-heated oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




Baked almond cookies. 
My almond cookies taste so much better than those I bought  for so  many Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment