Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pineapple rolls

My whole family love pineapple rolls, in fact all of us just like to eat pineapples.  Pineapples are full of enzymes, minerals and vitamins. Its so expensive to buy pineapple rolls for festive season when all six of us like to eat , moreover they are not as good as home made.
To make pineapple rolls, I have to prepare pineapple jams in advance.  I bought three Josephine pineapples from Pasar Tani, cost me only RM4.50. Peel the pineapples skin, cut into small pieces and its ready to cook.
Simple ingredients for pineapple jam.
2 to 3 Josephine pineapples,
200 grams sugar,
dash of Cinnamon powder,
5 cloves,
1 tbs lemon juice,
2 tbs (mak ngah tong) to thicken the jam.
In a sauce pan ,pour in all the ingredients except the (mak ngah tong) to cook, keep stirring all the time. It took me almost three hour to have the pineapple jam cook.  Before it was done, add in the (mak ngah tong) to thicken up the jam. Remove the jam from the pan and lets cool,  pour into containers keep in freeze for later use.
Ingredients for pineapple rolls.
430 grams self raising flour,
20 grams icing sugar,
250 grams butter,
30 grams milk powder,
1 egg,
1 egg yolk for glazing(beaten with a bit of salt)
In a mixing bowl, mix well all the dry ingredients, using fingers rub in the butter till it forms a firm dough.  Rest the dough for about thirty minutes.

Use the pineapple rolls piping to pipe out into suitable lenght so that it can roll and cover the jam.











































Place suitable amount of pineapple jam onto  the piped out pastry then roll up so to cover up the jam.
Put the rolls on baking tray then egg wash all of them. Bake in pre-heated oven of 170 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.




















Baked pineapple rolls.
I loved my  pineapple rolls, taste so good because the jam was pure pineapples and  for the pastry, I used good butter. This year at least I manage to bake three types of cookies and fried arrow heads.  I will continue to bake them as long as I can in the future. At the same time I can bake extra as gifts for friends and relatives, safe cost.
These are all the cookies that I baked. I am very satisfy with my result.




No comments:

Post a Comment