Friday, July 16, 2010

Butter Cake

I went to visit Agnes with Cecilia last week, she bake butter cake for our tea and the cake also  her son's favorite cake.  I usually do not take butter cake because of the taste of butter.  Agnes insisted me to try it out and convinced me that with the added coffee and chocolate will cover off the butter smell. Reluctantly I tried a small piece of it, oh, it taste so delicious and I love it.  I requested the recipe from Agnes and she just narrated out the ingredients  and method without looking at the recipe book.

the ingredients
300 g butter
250 g self raising flour(sieved twice)
220 g caster sugar
1/3 cup fresh milk/soy milk
4 whole eggs
4 egg yolks
100 g walnuts (chopped)

method
preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. Use fast speed to cream the butter and sugar for a minute.  Slow down the speed until the mixture becomes light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mix well.  Add in the flour and the milk alternately by 4 times.  Lastly add in the chopped walnuts.
Pour the batter to prepared 9x9 square baking tin and bake for 35 minutes.

This is the result of my butter cake


I love it and my sons too.

No comments:

Post a Comment