Thursday, August 19, 2010

Durian Chiffon cake

I found a pack of frozen durian while cleaning and clearing the refrigerator this morning because friends and I are going to Pantai Remis, a fishing village to purchase fish and prawns from the fishing boats. I defrost the durian and decided to bake a durian chiffon cake for our travel to Pantai Remis.

the ingredients
6 egg yolks
110 g mashed durian
150 g milk
30 g pumpkin seed
50 g sugar
140 g self raising flour
60 ml corn oil
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
100 g sugar

Preheat oven at 160 degree C.  In a food processor beat the cream of tartar , the egg whites and 100g sugar until stiff.
In another bowl, mix the egg yolks and 50 g sugar well.  Add in the mashed durian then the corn oil.  Mix in the flour and the milk alternately until all are well mix. Blend in the beaten egg whites into the egg yolks mixture,finally stir in the pumpkin seeds. Pour the batter into a 8 " round tin and bake for 45 minutes or until is done.
This took me 45 minutes with a little smiling face


When the cake is cool, I manged to slice into 14slices. My husband came back just in time to taste my durian cake.  He really love it.  I packed some into a food container for our trip on the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment