Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yam cake

Last week,my friend miss Tee wanted me to buy a meal voucher that cost me only RM6.00. That voucher can buy me a 5 course dinner and some demonstrations. So I went along with her with some curiosity and to find out what kind of dinner we will be served.
Oh, it was a table served dinner with local tofu with egg sauce, curry chicken, salted egg fried lotus root,oyster sauce vegetable and steamed fish. The dinner was more then the value we paid. Worth it.

After the dinner being served, it was show time. Two young men started their work by explaining the important of fibre in our food and finally came to the main point, the multi function hi-fibre food processor called Shelina.  They demonstrated how fine the fibre we can get from the fruits and vegetables when we use this processor, we would not waste any of the fibre like other normal food processor. We were served fruit juices, beverages and even some steamed desserts within half an hour. Really convincing. Finally i bought 1 of the processor.

This is my new food processor

Today tried to make soy milk by my new processor.  I follow the method from the manual. I have to soak the soy beans for 3 hours, then steam for half an hour. Pour hot water, rock sugar or palm sugar ,pandan leaves and the beans and press the on button. Grind for 5 minutes, then the hot soy milk is ready to be served. So simple and drink with all the bean fibre, no wastage at all.
This is the soy milk made by my new processor

The next thing i tried today is to make yam cake by following the simple recipe.

the ingredients
300 g rice, washed
300 g yam (cut into small pieces)
4 tbs oil
8 shallots(sliced)
600ml water
100 g dried prawns(chopped)
1tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
pepper, 5 spice powder
garnishing
chopped spring and red chillies,fried onion

In a wok, heat up the oil, fry the onion until light brown, dish some out for later use. Put in the dried prawns and fry till fragrant.  Add in the yam, sugar, salt, pepper and five spice powder. Stir fry and mix well. Dish out.
In the food processor, pour in the water and the rice. Blend for 3 minutes until the rice is fine. Mix in the fried ingredients and steam for 30 minutes.

I can enjoyed my yam cake within an hour.
It is so fast and easy and I used my own grind rice but not the rice flour form the shop. I will make full  use of this processor so to share with you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment