Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beer and Cocacola Trotter

Its Chinese New Year again. Time really flies, day after day and year after year.  I remember the last time I wrote about Chinese New Year was 2 years ago and now is already 2012.  This year we are not going out for our reunion because only 4 of us, my 2 sons and Alfred. I have planned to prepare 4 dishes and 1 soup for 4 of us.  I will cook a special trotter, that is beer and coca cola trotter.  My friend Evelyn, came back from U.S.A. cook this dish for me and other friends 2 weeks ago, all of us like it very much and it was very easy and simple to prepare.

The ingredients just 1 port trotter about 1 1/2 to 2 kg, 1 can of Carlsberg beer and 1 can of coca cola, 1/2 cup of good soy sauce and 2 inches slice of brown sugar.
Get the butcher to cut the trotter into bite size when you buy from the market.  Clean and par-boil the trotter for about 5 minutes.  Rinse and drain. 
 In a wok or deep sauce pan ,put in all the ingredients.  Bring to boil then use low fire to simmer the trotter until the liquid reduced and the trotter is tender.  You may add in sea cucumber, dried mushrooms or even dried chilies if you like it a bit  hot.

 
This is the result of the cooked trotter. Look nice?  Taste good too.

The other dishes I prepared were fried soy sauce prawns,


abalones stir fry dried mushrooms and broccoli,

fried fish fillets,


and stew dried scallops, fish maws, American ginseng with chicken soup.
Though only 4 of us taking reunion dinner without my daughter,(in Melbourne, miss her very much every year without her), we are happy with our home cook foods then eating out in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment