Thursday, December 19, 2013

Fish Soup

 have been cooking  many types of soup but never try cooking fish soup.  Today the fish monger recommended me to buy some sea eels but  I refuse because the fish has too much side bones and I do not know how to prepare and handle this type of fish.  She was so very persuasive and encouraging.  finally she cut 3 slices of about 6 inch long of the eels.  She gave me a simple fish soup recipe that I will never regret and sure will share with friends and relatives.  I shared with my relatives, but none of them had tried before.  Here I would also like to share out the recipe as well.

The ingredients are,



800 grams of eels,
 4 medium tomatoes,(cut into quarters)
1 piece 2 inches old ginger, (cut into slices)
1 medium size cha choy, (soak and cut into thin slices)
1.5 lt.  water.
chopped spring onions(garnishing)

Bring the water to boil in a soup pot.  Meanwhile wash and clean the fish.  Pour some hot water over the fish to get rid off some of the fishy smell. Prepare the tomatoes and the cha choy.

Put in all the ingredients when the water is boiled. Simmer for about 1 to 1 1/2 hour in low fire.  My fish is ready.  Serve hot and garnish with spring onions.
I can taste the sweetness from the fish, a little sourness mix with light  sweetness from the tomatoes and a little saltines with very little taste of chili from the cha choy, the soup is clear and taste good!  I like it very much.  Before cooking this soup , in my mind I was thinking that the soup may be taste fishy that I will not be able to drink it.  However, it turns out to be so good, I love this soup and will  cook this soup  more often as long as I can get the eels from the market.  This soup is very nutritious too.



No comments:

Post a Comment