Thursday, December 19, 2013

Steamed chicken with dried mushrooms

Today I am suppose to cook chicken stew, but my son suggested and he wish to have steam chicken rather then the stew chicken.  I change my menu to steam chicken.  This is a very simple and olden way of steaming chicken.  I learned this recipe from my mom since I was young.  The ingredients are simple as well.  I need

500 grams of chicken, chopped into serving size,
1 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. pepper,
6 dried mushrooms (soaked and sliced),
1 piece of old ginger( 2 inches, sliced)
2 tbsp. rice wine /(shio heng)


Wash the chicken and drain.  Season the chicken with salt and pepper for at least 1/2 hour in a bowl.  Put in the freeze. The chickens will more tasty if I season for overnight.  For I am going to serve for dinner, I mange to season for 7 hours from the morning till evening 6pm.  I will remove the chicken from the freeze at 5.30pm before I steam it at 6 pm.

Boil some water in a steamer or a wok.  Meanwhile, put in the ginger, mushrooms and the wine into the seasoned chicken.  Steam the combined ingredients for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.  Serve hot with rice.



The chicken meats are well cooked and tender, and the essence from the steaming of the ingredients really yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment