Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pumpkin Kaya (jam)

From the whole pumpkin that I bought from Tesco yesterday, I used only 150 g for pumpkin buns.  Now, I going to look into the recipe book from Seiketsu that I bought a super speed blender and soya maker.  Ah  hah... a recipe which is easy and simple and I think my son and my husband would be interested too.  Pumpkin kaya.

There are only 3 ingredients for this recipe,
500 gram pumpkin with skin and seeds.
130 gram of lightly toasted cashew nuts, and
80 gram of sugar.

Wash and cut the pumpkin into small slices.  Steam for 10 minutes or until cook.


 
steam with the skin and seeds intact.
 
lightly toast the cashew nut.
Put all the ingredients in my Seiketsu blender and blend for 1 minute.
Ta...tah...delicious pumpkin kaya is ready!
It taste very creamy, better then the normal egg kaya.  Good to spread on breads or  crakers, yummy yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment