Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pumpkin steamed buns

Today the pumpkins are very cheap, only 0 .99 cents a kg in Tesco.  Choose a medium sized pumpkin.  Run through my recipes, cannot decide what to do other then those old recipes.  So, on the lap top and started to search for recipes that make use of pumpkin. Finally I settled down in a blog and found a steam sweet potato buns recipe. I changed sweet potato to pumpkin. This is a very simple recipe and I can find all the ingredients in my kitchen store.


The ingredients are,


100 ml water,
1 tsp yeast,
2 tbsp. water,
300g pau flour/plain flour,
150g steamed and smashed pumpkin,
20 g sugar,
1/2 tsp salt,
20 g shortening.

Mix the yeast into the water and stand for about 10 to 20 minutes.
The method is to combine pau ingredients except the shortening into yeast mixture..Knead the dough until smooth, about 10 to 15 minutes, then add in the shortening.  Continue to knead until the dough become elastic.  Cover with cloth for 15 to 20 minutes or when it becomes double the size. Instead of all this, I use my bread maker to do all the job for me,I put all the ingredients into it, it takes 11/2hour to knead and proof.
 
 
the dough after kneading and proofing in my bread maker.

Punch down the dough and divide into 4 equal parts.  Shape into balls and divide into 4 more equal parts.  Make into shapes or round balls and leave to proof for another 30 to 40 minutes.
 the dough make into 14 equal parts, and shape into small balls.


Steam for 10 minutes.  My pumpkin buns are ready to be served for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment