Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Roast Chicken with lemon grass

While tidy up my kitchen cabinet with all my old and new recipes books yesterday, I saw a recipe which I have not been cooking for a long , long time.  today I am going to share this roast chicken recipe with you out there.

The recipe call for 1 whole chicken, I have to modify it because I have only about 500 grams of chicken breast meat.

For the whole chicken,

1/2 tsp. salt,
1/2 tsp. pepper,
1 tbsp. chili powder,
1/2 cup chopped lemon grass,
2 tbsp. chopped garlic,
2 tbsp. chopped onions,
1 tsp. lemon juice,
1/2 tsp. lemon zest,
1 tbsp. chopped parsley, (I used dried parsley),
3 tbsp. cooking oil.



 
 
Wash and let the chicken dry.   Use a knife to cut a few lines on the thicker parts of the chicken.  Rub salt, pepper and chili powder inside and outside of the whole chicken.  Marinate for at least for 3 hours or overnight will be better.
 
 
 
 
I marinate the chicken breasts at about 11 am, leave in the fridge until 6 pm.



At 5.30 pm, I remove the marinated chicken breasts from the fridge.  Then get all the ingredients chopped and ready to roast the chicken.  In a bowl, mix the oil and all the chopped ingredients , pour onto the marinated chicken,  bake in preheated oven of 220 degree C for 35 to 40 minutes (whole chicken).  Remember to turn the chicken during half of the time of roasting.
 
 
 
As I use chicken breasts, I turn the meat onto the other side after 10 minutes of roasting, and continue roasting for another 10 minutes.

 
Ooop... what happen to the other pieces of meat?  Before I can take the picture, my son was so attracted by the wonderful smell of the lemon grass roast, he has taken the whole piece of the meat before I notice it,,he..he... Ya, the meat is so nice, juicy and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment