Thursday, February 13, 2014

Curry Sweet Potato Soup

Yesterday while looking for some health remedies at www.health.com, I came across this interesting soup, curry sweet potato soup!  This is the first time I see a soup with curry powder. I would like to share with you guys out there.  I modified the original recipe by reducing the ingredients to half of it because the original serve for 5.

The ingredients are,

2 tbs. cooking oil,
1/2 cup chopped shallots,
3 cups (1") cubed peel chopped sweet potato,
1 1/2 cup (1") cubed peel chopped carrot,
1 tbs. grated ginger,
2 tsp. curry powder,
3 cups refused salt chicken stock( I use only water),
Salt to taste.

Heat the oil in  a sauce pan, fry shallots and ginger until fragrant, add in sweet potato, carrot and curry powder, stir and mix well.

Pour in the water, let boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrot and sweet potato are soft.  Add in salt to taste.

Pour into blender and blend till fine.


The creamy sweet potato soup is ready to be served.

I like the sweetness of the sweet potato and the fragrant smell of the curry powder.  I would this easy and delicious soup to my friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment