Saturday, December 14, 2013

Simple Pumpkin Soup

As I promised yesterday that I will share a simple yet delicious pumpkin soup.  Pumpkin was very cheap last week, it cost only .99c per kilogram as compare a few months ago, the price went as high as 4.99 per kilogram.  I was greedy, I manage to choose 2 medium sized pumpkins from Tesco  hypermarket.  I make some pumpkin jam and some pumpkin steam pau as well.  Now I am going to share my way of preparing simple Pumpkin soup.  This recipe serve 3 to 4 persons.

The simple ingredients are,

600 grams of pumpkin,
1 onion,
1 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. pepper,
3 cups of water,
1/2 cup of coconut milk/milk.
sour cream(optional)

Wash , peel and cut the pumpkin into small pieces, cut the onion into half.





Put pumpkin, onion, salt and pepper and 1 cup of water in a sauce pan, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.  Pour into blender and blend until all become fine.
Pour the blended pumpkin back into the sauce pan, add the balance water.  Use slow fire to cook until boil, stirring all the time until it boil.  Add in the milk and have a quick stir and boil.  Serve hot with sour cream .  I prefer it to remain as the pure natural pumpkin taste, I  do not add cream.

 
I have the pumpkin soup go with my whole meal roll for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment